At first glance Dumbarnie Links may have the appearance of the style of the classic links courses where The Open Championship has been played since 1860.
However, the extensive 345-acre site at Dumbarnie is particularly special. Its dual elevations, which are connected by a flowing escarpment, have provided the opportunity to create a number of elevated tees where holes play directly towards panoramic views of the expansive Firth of Forth.
A further outstanding feature is that a number of tees and greens are in close proximity to the water. In fact, fourteen of the holes have views of the Bay and the Firth of Forth.